14.9 C
New York
Tuesday, September 26, 2023

60% of UK employees look to tackle a aspect hustle in 2023

As the price of residing continues to chew, 76.6% of these contemplating taking up a side-hustle this 12 months are doing so as a result of they need/want extra money. The rest (23.4%) are on the lookout for extra job safety in these unpredictable instances. 

With the world’s largest trial of a four-day working week hailed a breakthrough success (56 out of 61 of the businesses concerned say they’d proceed providing a shorter week), extra firms are predicted to comply with swimsuit. Staff following this working sample will achieve an additional day per week, which may very well be used to show passions into aspect hustles. This may also fulfil the intention of holding a principal job safe whereas offering new methods to scratch a inventive itch and complement earnings amidst the cost-of-living will increase.  

Lee Biggins, founder and CEO of CV-Library feedback: “Because the financial uncertainty seems set to proceed, it’s comprehensible that so many staff are contemplating new methods to complement their earnings whereas prioritising their job safety.”  

Biggins continues: “With unemployment ranges at report lows, supporting staff’ aspect hustles may enhance workers loyalty and assist retain key expertise. Nevertheless, there are gray areas that companies should be aware of, significantly for these working a four-day week. The advantages of elevated motivation, productiveness ranges, and psychological well being together with diminished illness ranges may very well be counterproductive if workers are dedicating their downtime and a focus to a aspect hustle.” 


Survey based mostly upon 2,250 respondents 

Associated Recruitment Perception articles

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles